The time after a new baby joins you is an amazing special period in your life! It may also be exhausting, overwhemling and at times filled with doubt. As a postpartum doula, I work with families to help this transition of adding a family member go smoothly and help make it a more empowering and peaceful experience. The ways in which I support you include:
- Non-judgmental breastfeeding or bottle feeding support
- Best ways to help settle and soothe baby
- "Mothering the Mother" - physical and emotional support for postpartum mamas
- Baby laundry or light meal preparation
- Helping to pick up the pieces so parents can spend this time bonding with baby
- Suggestions for sibling support when adding a new baby
At this time, I support families during the postpartum period by offering day time help in 4 hour shifts. This is a time for parents to catch up on some much needed rest while I soothe baby and help with teaching newborn care. My goal as a postpartum doula is to always be "working myself out of a job" by empowering new parents with education and support to feel confident in caring for thier new baby!