The time after a new baby joins you is an amazing special period in your life! It may also be exhausting, overwhemling and at times filled with doubt. As a postpartum doula, I work with families to help this transition of adding a family member go smoothly and help make it a more empowering and peaceful experience. The ways in which I support you include:
- Non-judgmental breastfeeding or bottle feeding support
- Best ways to help settle and soothe baby
- "Mothering the Mother" - physical and emotional support for postpartum mamas
- Baby laundry or light meal preparation
- Helping to pick up the pieces so parents can spend this time bonding with baby
- Suggestions for sibling support when adding a new baby
At this time, I support families during the postpartum period by offering night time help in 8-10 hour shifts. This is a time for parents to catch up on some much needed rest while I soothe baby and help foster healthy sleep habits. Night time help is different for every family and we will customize my services to what feels best for you. My goal as a postpartum doula is to always be "working myself out of a job" by empowering new parents with education and support to feel confident in caring for thier new baby!